I'm late with a post today. I'd make an excuse, but I'm all out of them. Hey, it's Friday! And Halloween.
I'm linking up with Katie at Running 4 Cupcakes today with some of my favorite things (at the moment).
1. This pumpkin is totally getting turned into pumpkin pie in the next 24 hours. My boyfriend somehow survived into adulthood without ever trying pumpkin pie (I know, right?). I've taken it upon myself to fix this problem. But, if you've waited that long to try it, it has to be great. Which means making it myself from the pie crust right up to the filling. I've made a lot of pies before, but never a pumpkin pie. I'm a little nervous, but also super excited. Wish me luck!
2. My rain parka from Mountain Hardwear. Seriously. With all the rain we've been having, this has turned into my go to jacket lately. I love that it is both functional and stylish. I feel like I can wear it out to fancy restaurants without looking ridiculous. Bonus: the pink helps keep me happy on the grey days that we've been blessed with.
3. The fact that it is almost November is actually killing me. When did that happen? Um...this is a list of favorite things list though, so I won't complain. Instead, I'll just say that the fog that has been collecting over the hills here lately has been making me feel like I live in some sort of creepy movie. Normally I would say that is bad, but I actually enjoy it. If that is what the rest of winter is going to be like, then bring it on!
4. Daylight savings! I know lots of people hate it, but I can't wait. I go to work way too often when it is still dark out. That makes me sad. At least when I am working until it is dark out I feel like a rockstar for working so hard. Yes, that is ridiculous. No, I am not changing my mind. Plus, an extra hour of sleep this weekend.
5. Now that I am done with the AdvoCare challenge (write-up coming next week), I get to have beer again! My current favorite is this Jubelale from Deschutes Brewery (local to Oregon). It is super easy to drink and not too bitter. I will definitely be cracking one open tonight.
Do you have a favorite holiday beer (winter or pumpkin)?